
It happens.
I think it'd be interesting to explore fabricating corporeal models based on digital models as costume elements. Controlling a character in one way or another is an intrinsic device in many computer games, but the personality-driven aspect of World of Warcraft and other RPGs adds a deeper element to the prospect of RPG-related costuming. The blue creature pictured there is my World of Warcraft character, Elasmet. He's a troll, so his physiology is a little different than a human's, but his features could certainly overlay mine in a convincing way. I had thought it would be neat to make a latex mask of the character, but I think it'd be more interesting to replicate the polygonal shape of the in-game model (possibly out of paper or thin board?) Not enough time to do this for the wearable project, but I think I'll start working on this over Winter break.

I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon; it makes me feel alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment