Alright so Friday I went to JoAnn's and got my patterns and magnets. Then I zoomed over to my friend's to use her sewing machine. Between Friday and today the shirt has been completed and the pieces of the skirt are done. I just have to sew the skirt pieces together and put the magnets in the skirt. The magnet strip is already successfully in the shirt. ^^
The only slightly bad thing is the skirt is quite a bit shorter than what I'd expected, but goes along excellently with my skanky ideal, so I'll just wear pants underneath when I wear them to class. (It's winter and I'm not that self sacrificing lol)
So the whole outfit should be complete by tomorrow/sunday night. That way I can work ont he whole LED aspect on Monday and see if it works out. If not, well I tried.
I found interesting things about the midriff. In the west it is a fashion trend starting past the 1980s to the present. In the East however the baring of midriffs has always been acceptable. it is thought not to be a sexual fashion, rather it displays the beauty of nature and sort of glorifies fertility and womanhood. The west has always been more shallow. Midriff was an obsolete english word, but women wanted another way to refer to their tummies without saying stomach and stomach held the connotation of obesity.
Wiki had an interesting paragraph regarding midriffs and schools which It hought was pertinent to my project:
Today, the midriff is commonly revealed when girls wear tighter clothing that hugs the skin. That is, in ordinary standing positions, the midriff may not always be visible, but during stretching or other actions that require the arms to be raised, the midriff and navel may often be seen. Most American secondary schools have a rule against attire that leaves the midriff exposed. Some schools will require the student to raise her arms if it is suspected that her shirt will expose her midriff. Although more tolerable with younger girls, females 18 and over can, and sometimes are severely disciplined, for exposing their navels on school campuses. Some state laws even permit public schools to expel female students over age 18 for exposing their midriffs on campus.
As an example, the dress code of the Sherman Independent School District in Texas requires that "there must be no exposure of the midriff area or undergarments. The midriff area must not be seen while bending over, while standing, raising arms, and stretching."[8] Though most American secondary schools have similar rules regarding the exposure of the midriff, the actual enforcement of such rules depends on the school itself. At American secondary schools with more relaxed or unenforced dress codes it is not uncommon to see most girls with some midriff showing or exposed lower back midriff while sitting in class.
I looked up chastity belts and was kind of surprised at what I found. I knew they existed back in the 15th century, but I didn't know hwo they evolved. They started off during the crusades where the knights would make their women wear the belts to insure their chastity while they were away.
Years and years later the belts were used to prevent masturbation. In fact even in the 1930s, people were trying to come up with designs for adolescents and youths to prevent them from masturbating. After that, the chastity belts took another turn and became a source of pleasure. Rather, they were used for S&M and BDSM in order to control sexual gratification. It's pretty ironic if you ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment